Saturday, March 21, 2015

Happy Belated Pi Day -



March 21, 2015

Happy Belated Pi Day – Here’s the Rest of the Story.
The new service did jump on the story of Pi Day again.  And I have to give them credit for pointing out that it was a special pi day – I call it 10-digit Pi Day.
Most Pi Days 3-digit Pi Days.  You know 3.14 which corresponds to the date 3/14 for March 14th.  But this year was special.
3.141592653…the first 10 digits of Pi.
3/14/15 corresponds to March 14th, 2015.  Then just add the time: 9:26 and 53 seconds.
But there is no mention of 12-Digit Pi Day which occurred on March 14th, 1592 at 6:53 and 59 seconds.  And just like that you have 12-Digit Pi Day.
Can you have a 13-Digit Pi Day?
Have there been other occurrences of 12-Digit Pi Day?  Will there ever be another 12-digit Pi Day?  Is 12-digits the best we can expect?
Why get worked up about it – who cares?  I do.  I got married on a 3-digit Pi Day (she did not know it so it was kind of easy to trick her).  Some of you are thinking that I did it so I would not forget my anniversary every year.  But really I did it so I would not forget Pi Day!
How do they celebrate Pi Day on the planet Mercury?
How is July 22nd related to Pi Day?
How are the Fibonacci sequence and Stonehenge related to Pi Day?
How are 13 and Netflix related?

No comments:

Post a Comment